Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Uncontrollable Desire to Drive My Mining Pick Through My Skull

I wanted to level professions for my DK Clintonista and after deciding that I was indeed wanting to tank after reading some skeletonjack on the competiveness of blood tanking, I decided, of the gathering skills, the self heal from weed picking and the stamina boost from mining would be the most logical.

I took the professions, and had zero problems getting to 300 in herbalism. I had given up on mining and decided to come back and do it later. After spending some time in Hellfire and passing up some fel iron veins, I decided that I better level mining before I really regretted it.

I grabbed my trusty Mining Pick and set out on what I thought would be a few hours of riding around on my deathcharger.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! It turned into a weekend+1 project. Even with gatherer, the amount of time it takes to round up all the veins needed to level is insane. The mithril stretch probably had to be the most painful. I rode around the rim of Tanaris what felt like a 100 times. When I finally got to learn smelt trusilver, I bought the trusilver I needed to free skillups and then went back into the field. The one perk is that the trusilver I smelted sold for 3x what I paid for the ore. The bitchiness that overwhelmed me when I bought the ore quickly dissipated when I saw that a buyer had been found for my trusilver bars. I sold 25 bars in stacks of 5 for 50G a stack!

When I finally made it to thorium, I headed to Silithus and rode around grabbing small thorium veins until I could mine the rich veins and then ventured into the tunnels that lie underneath the vast wasteland.

At around midnight Sunday and level 293 mining, I was cruising on my deathcharger, and no I don’t mean the car that helped kill what was left of Chrysler over the last few years, and my mouse stopped working. I thought the battery might be dead; it wasn’t. I though maybe the receiver had popped out of the USB drive; it hadn’t. I thought maybe the mouse had died; it did.

I had decided to go to bed when I hit 300 and now my mouse wouldn’t allow that. I would have ran to wally world and picked up a new mouse if I had my car, but the better half had taken the car to work, so I couldn’t even do that. I was alone in the apartment and pissed as hell. The weekend had seemed tedious and boring since I spent most of it mining and now I couldn’t even reach my goal before I went to bed.

I swear if I had had a real mining pick at that point in the evening, it probably would have gone through a few walls, good thing all I had was a shitty mouse that had no purpose because at least throwing it wouldn’t really hurt much of anything, except maybe the cat (which by the way it never hit).

-Rhab

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Seriously why is leveling mining such a bitch?

    I have put off doing any professions on my DK just because the thought of leveling them sickens me.

    In the mean time I thought I would get the last 47 points of fishing that I'm missing and maybe level cooking on my Shaman.

    Skraps

    www.sham-wows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete