Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hope Springs Eternal

So it’s Tuesday and that means raid resets. I am a member of a small guild that recently got fjucked with some real life things like babies and moves so we have been having problems filling even our 10 man runs. We still need a healer for our Naxx runs, but I’m digressing.

Tuesday’s are always a good day, because I’m not allowed to play in the morning before work because of the regularity of the rolling restarts, so I often start the “play week” fresh on Tuesday afternoon. The first thing I always try and do is get into Obsidian Sanctum with my druid for a shot at the Majestic Dragon Figurine.

Blizzard has made me hate the RNG, as I always feel like I have the worst luck. I ran regular HoL countless times for the Eternally Folded Blade off Volkhan and the Seal of the Pantheon off Loken as I was setting myself up for heroics, and finally got them both on the same run, but only after an entire weekend of pugging the instance.

My luck with the RNG is bad enough, but it’s a part of the game and something I have come to expect and accept. What really can ruin a run, day (if it’s heroic), or even a week (if it’s a raid) are people that roll on gear that they have minimal use for when it’s best in slot for your given spec.

Last Tuesday, as the PuG for OS started to fill up, I purposely monitored the makeup. There was not a single priest or other resto druid. I never thought to confirm that the figurine would automatically go to me, and that was my first mistake. After we downed Sartharion, the trinket dropped. The loot master asked for rolls, and a warlock beat me on the roll and they gave it to him. I was floored, pissed, and cussing up a storm about dumb asses in guild chat. When I asked him why he rolled on the trinket, he said it boosted his spellpower. I literally wanted to throw up. See back before Wrath hit, my druid was my second 70, and my paladin was my third. Wanna know my first? You guessed it, a lock. I had abandon him for the paladin and druid when Wrath hit, though he’s now 74, but I have always watched their “re-development” and am thoroughly excited about 3.1, but spirit is at best, a secondary stat. There are green trinkets that provide better bonuses for a lock than the coveted Majestic Dragon Figurine. I can remember one that I received as a quest reward early in Northrend that provided more spellpower than the figurine would at even 10 stacks.

Now, on this Tuesday morning like every Tuesday, I am excited about this afternoon, because no matter how bad last week was, no matter how frustrated I was every time I was asked to heal OS and had to politely decline because I was locked out for the week, and no matter how many times I saw a lock last week and wanted to feed them to Sartharion, today is a new day, and a new chance at the coveted drop.

For this alone, I look forward to Tuesdays!

-Rhab

No comments:

Post a Comment